Friday, May 27, 2016

MCNAMARA' FOLLY

LBJ called Robert Strange McNamara "Lard Head." McNamara's presence was that of a "brain." I never liked the guy as he came across as being too smart in the Vietnam War. I think Lyndon Johnson leaned too much on RSM and it shows. Now there's a new book out about how soldiers were exploited in the Vietnam War for being dumb; MCNAMARA'S FOLLY the story of 354,000 who were takin into the military

Hamilton Gregory, served in the Army Intelligence in Vietnam in 1968-1969 and writes how low-life conscripts in Project 100,000 just didn't cut it, intellectually and all other ways of serving Uncle Sam as a soldier. The soldiers were victims. "The cold, hard statistics say that these almost helpless young men died in jungles at a rate  three times higher than the average draftee." Amazing.

There were young men  in Project 100,000 who went to Vietnam and about half saw combat. The numbers are staggering and sad. In Basic Training at Fort Knox I prided my self in "putting on my thinking cap" knowing if I did not achieve good test results my ass would be "cake."

In writing to Hamilton Gregory this morning questioning my test scored  Mr. Gregory wrote back "Your GT Score places you in the top mental category...you were successful in  high aptitude positions."

I will buy the book  McNamara's Folly with the hope of learning about Vietnam. Fifty years is a long time to wait for gaining the truth. Maybe YouTube has something on McNamara's Folly. To think the American Government had the audacity to exploit for so many in an in just cause. I am sick about this 50 years later. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment