Thursday, May 5, 2016

CLASSICAL MUSIC

Have you ever wanted to learn about classical music? I think there's a casual interest in society around the world. In my life I have latched onto learning classical tunes. First I learned about Beethoven. My sister Jan is a big Mozart enthusiast. Over the decades I have listened to WCRB in Boston and WCRB in Amherst. Dad liked The William Tell Overature  and who doesn't like the Radetsky March?

Romeo & Juliet and Swan Lake top the list along with the 1812 Overture. Beethoven's 6th and Ninth favor my listening pleasure along with John Phillip Sousa's wonderful marches. Sousa is the man who responded to a request of a fan to write a march. 'I just can't sit down and write a march. I must be inspired! Since high school Ronnie Stackow and I delighted inlistening to marches.

Military marches bring out the best in you. When you are in uniform and march to cadence something tickles your soul. The masters of music lead the world of musical sophistication. Violins and pianos ring my chimes along with flutes. The Toreador Song, too, from "Carmen" motivates my spirit. While I do not play any instruments, music appreciation lifts me up.. from Donna Diana to Thunder & Lightening Polka! Won't you join in? Shall we dance! LOL




 
John Philip Sousa

 
The Late James Last


 
"Johnson "is an accomplished pianist!

No comments:

Post a Comment