Monday, May 30, 2016

ALL THE WAY, MR. PRESIDENT!

Some things are eternal. Such is the case of getting a letter from LBJ's General, A. O. Connor. As a Private I wrote the President telling him how I felt about the training I was receiving at Ft. Sam Houston. The pieces all fall into line as I, as an intellect, recognized the quality of training received... And I meant it. Most young men and women had other things on their minds. How rare for me to hit a grand slam home run.

The written word is the written word. " Letters of this nature are quite a rarity..".. for real. My recent correspondence connoting my high intellectual achievements in the U.S. Army tell me one thing.. I have things together. The letter from the Department of the Army is date September 16th, 1966. Oh so much water has gone over the dam since them.

Memories are made of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment