Friday, September 11, 2020

A NICE FRIDAY IN SEPTEMBER

This Friday saw an early visitor from Vietnam Veteran Dave Cameron. I was sitting in the breezeway when I heard a horn toot. It was Dave! We got caught up on all town affairs and enjoyed visiting.Dave stayed for an hour. After traveling to Spencer I stopped at KLEMS to buy two rain gauges.I replaced my damaged one and got one for Josh plus two bags of HOREHOUND hard candy. The afternoon was spent watching 9-11 documentaries. It seems 19 years later the tragedy is fresh in my mind.I was living in Boston at the time. Son Ben and I were talking on the phone when the attack took place. Some fellow soldiers traveled to New York City to volunteer in the clean-up. The thing that impressed me was their reporting on the smell! I enjoyed my daily visit at Josh's at 5:00 PM. He built a nice fire and popped some popcorn.Both hit the spot! I don't understand why this blog format has changed? It is confusing. Must get help from my son! ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment