Tuesday, January 1, 2019

THE GALES OF THE NEW YEAR 2019

The gales of the New Year were brought in with colder weather and clearing skies. For a while the winds were, perhaps, 40+ mph. Then as the day wore on January 1st proved to be a winner.

My first curiosity was exactly where was the fire in North Brookfield? The truth in the matter was it was in a property at the end of Nursery Ave. NB. I believe Raoul Desplaines, the photographer once lived there. One of the tenants said the cause of the fire was "the refrigerator."
 
 
In other matters, I drove to Sturbridge only to be disappointed to find NO ANTIQUE SHOW! I have attended the show the past few years. Actually I even promoted a show in January of 1983 when we got 18 inches of snow!
 
Saw Josh and Chase in the afternoon and went to NB to get the spiffy new black Toyota washed. Earlier I did a small batch of green trousers.
 
Watched the Rose Bowl Parade and enjoyed classical music from Vienna. Plan on watching the show tonight.

A snowless winter tells me something will change.. for sure.
 
Tomorrow is Hump Day!
 
ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
ANOTHER YEAR OLDER
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA
 
November Snow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment