Friday, April 7, 2017

THE DEMURE JACQUELINE KENNEDY AND THE WHITE HOUSE TOUR IN 1962

I was but 19 years old when Mrs. Kennedy captivated the minds and hearts of 80 million viewers in her tour of the White House. Today


y I delight in watching Jackie speak with such aplomb about our American heritage and antiquity present at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.


I have taken the tour several times over the years, the first being in April of 1960 when I help fund our class trip! The trip was awesome. I returned in 1961 with Joe McEvoy and my folks to celebrate their 25th anniversary.


One of my other favorites of Washington is The Bureau of Printing and Engraving at the U>S> Treasury. The last time I was in DC was in Clinton's second Inauguration.


You can fly from Bradley Field for next to nothing. I highly recommend a trip to our Nation's Capital with your kids or grandkids or ME. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment