Thursday, April 6, 2017

ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC FOR LIFE!

My first record player came at Christmas in 1956. It was a flimsy portable offering few options. Little did I realize I was cutting my eye teeth for my musical future! MAC's TV sold 45's for a song as I grew in Rock and Roll music.


Automobiles offered AM Radio.  W-A-R-E and W-O-R-C Were my favorites. DJ Dave Maynard and Paul Larson were my choices. As Rock grew I grew. Mr. Leach would fund the purchase of 45's for "Floor Dancing" in the school gym.


Teenie-boppers built collections of their favorite recording artists. Some played songs until the record wore out. Eventually Long-Playing records and their attractive cardboard jackets came into our homes. Elvis, Buddy Holly, Pat Boone, and a slew more inundated our brain cells.


Today, at the West Brookfield Senior Center, we saw some great nostalgia of songs and memories of the Fifties. Folks speak of listening to songs on their Sirius car radios. Pandora and Slacker are other choices.


It seems all devices, today, are archaic and fading off into oblivion. And yes, I live for music!


No comments:

Post a Comment