Thursday, April 27, 2017

ROBERT E. BOSKEN, S.J.

The first professor I met at St. Louis Univ.
was Father Bosken.  Father Bosken has proven to be a lifetime friend. We have one thing in common - collecting coins!  We had common cents!I also had him as an instructor in religion. He served as the prefect in Clemens Hall Dorm.


The thing that sticks with me all these years is his resolute talents in pouring through hundreds of bags of Lincoln Cents each Sunday at his mother's house in Suburban Saint Louis. His story is incredible as Father found absolutely every rare-date Lincoln Cent ten times over. He was the first to show me the new JFK Half Dollar in March or April of 1964!


My sons met father several times over the years. His advice to Ben and Josh was to tell bullies to "BITE THE WALL."




Father's educational credentials are awesome as he was a Latin Scholar..brilliant! I liked Father Bosken. The last time I saw him was at Boston College 10 or 15 years ago. The last I know he is infirmed at Rogers Hall at St. Louis U. He taught me a lot about life and collecting rare coins... that we had in common.


1 comment:

  1. I believe he was the first Jesuit I encountered, on a personal basis, when he would minister to the residents of Clemens Hall at SLU in 1961-2. I was then Protestant, one of only 7 in the Hall. He was kind, helpful and never ‘pushy’ about Catholicism. Later in my life, I contacted him by email and he not only voiced memories of me, but gave me details that confirmed his remembrance. Blessings to a really superb Jesuit!

    ReplyDelete