Sunday, April 9, 2017

CAPE COD NATIONAL SEASHORE HERE I COME!

APRIL 10, 2017 under a Full Moon I shall walk the beaches that Thoreau once did and I did in the Summer of 1964! The Outer Cape is like no other... and to think I was a college student enjoying privilege  of all politicians. Harold V. Langlois, Michael Dickens, James O'Leary, other life guards, other National Park Rangers. Herring Cove, P-Town, Longnook Beach with its thundering surf.




I was a Ranger General earning $162 bi-weekly as a GS-4.


My job was as a patrolman and greeting good people on the beaches and elsewhere. I drove a green  Dodge Power Wagon exclusively and almost lost it in a rip tide.!Nice. I winched myself out connected to a fisherman's Jeep.




Then it was LBJ All The Way. How lucky could a young man be?! Now, 53 years later I return for three days and two nights. Great.. and the weather is even greater.




No comments:

Post a Comment