Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I LIKE IKE!

 It seems time rolls along and the name Eisenhower is getting lost in history. Only U.S.Grant and Dwight David Eisenhower served as Presidents and were graduated from West Point, the military academy..




There were six sons in the Abilene, Kansas, Eisenhower family! Success seemed to be their middle name. IKE climbed to the top in World War II as Supreme Allied Commander then as president following Harry S. Truman.


Ike has a winning smile. I happened to meet his grandson at the World Series in Saint Louis in 1968. David and Julie signed my WS Program.


I had a friend with an Eisenhower autograph collection. I also hold title to a copy of a Camp David black and white photograph with JFK.




The American Experience on PBS features "Eisenhower" for those looking for a couple hours of Eisenhower history. I have a new-found respect for our president of a different era..."before television!"



No comments:

Post a Comment