Tuesday, April 18, 2017

TAKE YOUR DRUGS AS PRESCRIBED... READ ON!

Patent medications are prescribed for a reason.. to keep us healthy! As we grow older, if we are lucky, miracle drugs can give us a longer meaningful life. Adamant and resolute types have an "anti-rejection" mind set. Not me. I am religious to taking my "daily dose" of maybe 10 pills daily without any problem. I rely on my physician's judgments.




You don't play with your medications if you ask me. In turn, the drugs provide equanimity. "Forgetting to taking prescribed drug is a common problem, especially for those ambivalent about taking medication." One doctor espoused "making pill-taking a habit perhaps by putting their medication right next to their toothbrush"




As for me, my daily dozen have been transferred to an upper kitchen cabinet. One shelf for evening, the other shelf for morning. It works better that those flimsy plastic pill carriers.




"The emphasis of diet and exercise convinces some people that they don't have to take their medications." I don't agree!




The VA 'MyHealthyVet' is awesome for the computer literate. I am learning the roper from the Worcester VA's teacher Jim. Thanks.







No comments:

Post a Comment