Friday, April 21, 2017

EDISON, TESLA OR JFK?

Some Americans are ever-so-popular while others are not. I like studying American history as the more I learn the more I know. Thomas Edison seemed to get the ball rolling after the Civil War. His inventions of the phonograph, the lightbulb and others gave us our forebears tomorrows. Tesla was a horse of a different color. Edison gave us DC (direct current) and Tesla, AC.. alternating current. I think JFK gave us hope.


YouTube is a tremendous resource on all three. For hours on this dismal Friday I zeroed-in on what it was like 50 or 100 years ago What would our life be like in the absence of today's technologies? No refrigeration, no AC, no led, no nothing! But we knew no differently in 1900.


What will it be like in 2067..50 years from now? I just can't imagine. People will still drink and smoke and drug. More miracle drugs will permeate the markets... and on, and on, and on. How will history look back to today?


I like all three men for different reasons. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment