Monday, April 17, 2017

A BOSTON MARATHON MONDAY

What a delight, to make new blog friends and to see tens of thousands well-wishers at the Finish Line! Heidi, my daughter in law ran the distance in style. She even ran next to Doug Flutie the Hail-Mary football star of yesteryear.!


Everyone sports a  Smart-Phone and was taking selfies, talking or texting messages. Folks of all shapes, color and age. I enjoy "people watching" in an event such as the Boston Marathon. Josh and three daughters and Chase came to cheer mommy on. It was wonderful.


Heidi said "it was too hot" at first and endured the Race. It cost about $350 in marathon fees and was successful in raising well over $10,000!


I like the crowd and the crowd liked my VIETNAM VETERAN ball cap. Genuine, earnest people of all ages shook my hand. There even was a man wearing a Vietnam Veteran hat similar to mine.


My family took me for a dinner treat at Olive Garden at the Natick Mall. Little Evelyn stole the show again in her three-year old ways.


It was a 12 hour day and one for the book. Congrats to Heidi...an amazing Daughter-in-law, nurse, wife, mother....

















No comments:

Post a Comment