Sunday, April 9, 2017

FIJOL'S JUNKYARD DOG

Until you walk through a "bone yard" can you conceptualize what a junkyard really is. It is the end of the trail for cars and trucks. Today, John Fijol gave me the cook's tour of his collection of wrecks. We don't realize what this means. When I was a boy, I did.


My dad used to take me to Brookfield Auto Wrecking and visit Maurice Lubin collection of ancient cars and trucks.
Today John Fijol in West Warren proudly shows me rusted oldies his grandfather owned.


The junk business is predicated on the price of scrap metal. Body shop "magicians" have such talent in rebuilding vehicles. I know as I once was an adjuster.


I also saw some pussy willows in my brief tour along with the remains of a 1951 Hudson. "A sound man is good at salvage.. at seeing nothing is lost!" How true. Fijol is also in the plowing business amongst other things.. I wish John well!

No comments:

Post a Comment