Friday, June 12, 2020

AN IDYLLIC FRIDAY IN JUNE

Everything about this day was fine. I went about my business of buying food and picking up my dry cleaning. I watched my share of American Pickers then at 5:00 I traveled to Birch Hill. Josh ignited the campfire as I arrived.

The afternoon sun was aided by a West wind. We chatted about things then friends began arriving with their kids. The girls were swimming in the pool. More kids and parents arrived and we listened to Rock103. The adults have a contest with an anti in naming the artist. Money is to be won. Not me.

I remained until about 7:00.

This type of June evening reminds me of how DAD and I used to sit out on chairs in our front lawn enjoying the evening. This was such an evening: Idyllic!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment