Monday, August 6, 2018

JACKIE KENNEDY'S SECRETARY - NANCY TUCKERMAN

On November 22, 1993, I created some envelopes bearing the 2 JFK Stamps. I added a quote by John Winthrop "We shall be a city upon a hill - the eyes of all people shall be upon us." I obtained postmarks from the four Brookfield then sent copies to Jacqueline Onassis at her Martha Vineyard estate. In exactly one week I received a thank you note from one Nancy Tuckerman, secretary to JBK.

"Mrs. Onassis was thrilled to receive the covers." Jackie's being thrilled prompted me to write back. "If Mrs. Onassis was thrilled to receive the envelopes I'd be thrilled to receive her autographs!" After month

s of deliberation I did receive two signed covers. It was a coup in my autograph quest.

Over the years I corresponded with Nancy Tuckerman and even spoke with her on the phone several times. Nancy Tuckerman was truly Jackie's friend
Upon Jackie's death in 1994 news paper accounts state Jackie Kennedy gave her $250,000!

Today, the New York Times carries the obituary of Nancy Tuckerman with a headline "Nancy Tuckerman, 89, Dies; Aide of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis for 2 decades."

No comments:

Post a Comment