Wednesday, August 15, 2018

CONNIE RICHARDSON - A BRILLIANT MIND

There's an old saying that "one teacher can affect eternity" holds true with a teacher of yesteryear; CONSTANCE RHODES RICHARDSON! Mrs. Richardson came to North Brookfield High to replace Stanley Kunihom back in the late fifties as our French and Latin teacher. Mrs. Richardson's spirit was non-pareil. She was addressed as Madame!

Although I never had Mrs. R. as my teacher I did have her as "my teacher to life!" She was amazing. Her degree was earned at Tuft's University and she was valedictorian of her class! Her father "was a brilliant man." Connie was a Bostonian at heart yet her love of North Brookfield was life-long.

I gravitated to her wisdom in her later years. Mrs. R worked at OSV in the Cheney Clock Museum. She taught me about much of antiquity. Her infectious spirit made the North Brookfield Historical Museum come alive!

Nobody seemingly can fill her shoes today with her enthusiasm and zest for living.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A STUDENT OF CONNIE'S
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment