Wednesday, July 18, 2018

DUSTY SPRINGFIELD IN AUSTRALIA

Over the years when I tell people 'I've been to Australia three times' people perk up: "I've always wanted to go Down Under." What's it like?

I have traveled from Sydney to Cairns then to Canberra (Australian Capital Territory) to  Melbourne. All along I had a dear friend and Mate, Rodney .We were kindred spirits in many ways. Rod, as a musician, taught me the ways of "being on stage."

Mr. Bryar knew history.. from the American Civil War to the Outback. We never were short for words until his passing two years ago.

My R&R from Vietnam saw Australia come alive in October of 1967. For eight days I tool in the sights of Sydney and Melbourne! It was pure fun.Being in the audience of singer Dusty  Springfield will always be my Australian highlight. Dusty was absolutely great singing 'Wishing  and Hopin.'

For those wishing and hoping to go to Australia I say "GO FOR IT!" Any season is great for an Australian vacation. Quantas has an "All Australia Pass." My word of advice has always been "Go for 30 days" not two weeks. Jet Lag can be a killer.

Take the whole family as I did in 1990.Ben and Josh joined Mother Rita and others. There are many options in visiting Australia from Ayers Rock to the Great Barrier Reef. Perth, Western, Australia, as well as the famed Sydney Opera House make Australia tops in being Down Under!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A lover of Australia
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment