Thursday, July 5, 2018

ANOTHER SCORCHER IN THE BROOKFIELDS

At some point the heat wave will say goodbye! The sweltering conditions persisted all day long. The only real relief I got was by visiting WALMART in Sturbridge and better yet, in  my Honda AC. The traffic on the Mass Pike in the eastbound lane was horrific. Pity the motorists without AC.

My walking around WALMART was one of observation. Humanity is revealed by both inventory, employees and customers. Big-screen televisions keep my attention. They seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper and better and better. I think every American household deserves a BIG TV!

I asked one employee "what percentage of stuff comes from CHINA?" "Much of it" was the candid reply. I suppose people buy "price" and Walmart has the reputation of being cheap in more than one way! I have no complaints as a
recent car battery came from Walmart.

I made two trips to the Potvins on Birch Hill.. one in the morning.. one for supper. Josh and Heidi work hard making for the comfort of their friends. The pool is alluring to all but not for me. Grandchildren and friends swim, play volleyball and Evie and El sport around in their electric cars!

Weather wise should see a relief tomorrow after the T-Storms. Saturday and Sunday will be the best.

It was a good July 5th...good and hot! LOL.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
"WILTING"
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585



No comments:

Post a Comment