Saturday, May 22, 2021

SUMMER'S HEAT BEFORE MAY 30TH

In 1945 my late mother Rita told of heat in March and "Snowsuits on Memorial Day!" After a delightful week of beautiful weather the heat-wave settled in. "Johnson's" truck thermometer read 92 as we circled around the Lyman School for Boys which closed about 1972. Dick and I make the trip a couple times a year. The dilapidated buildings are an eyesore to otherwise attractive commercial porperties.Why abandon somthing that may be used for housing. Dick recounts the identity of each building with positive identity. Meanwhile I fired up my new air conditioner and set it at 68. I must get a circulating fan and have a drape to keep the front porch's heat in place. After watching the Yankees win I drove to Birch Hill then to Ronnie and Chrissies where I visited and enjoyed a first class steak dinner.I enjoyed creamy/buttery mashed potatoes, asparagus,corn on the cob and steak! This was a first class meal, indeed. Thanks, folks. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment