Monday, May 17, 2021

DEAR DIARY

I was encouraged by my folks at at very young age to write about snow storms!I have hand written accounts of storms right through high school. Then at Worcester Junior College I was further encouraged by my English professor, Robert C. Gould. Mr Gould consistemtly graded my Theme writings to being "B." At St. Louis my U.S. History professor William B Faherty continued to appreciate my prose and I earned an A! All along my writing contined.As a soldier I wrote many letters including a year in Vietnam.Unfortunately I have only one surviving letter. As an insurance adjuster my job was to investigate claims and record them on a Dictaphone which was transcribed.Typewritten investigations were reviewed by my Supervisors. As my life went on... writing continued.I enjoy writing be it a report or a personal letter. Politicians like mail and I hit paydirt in corresponding with George H. W. Bush.My letters were valuable and sold to autograph dealers.My point to all this is letters ae meaningful to life!In my trip to Hong Kong,Vietnam and Australia in December of 1998 I documented everything with hand-written letters to my mother.I tried to detail each day in diary form.Today I reviewed these.The next big leap came as a blogger beginning in 2003 where I wrote for ON-THE-COMMON.Sad to say nothing was sved by the newspaper. Earlier I wrate a column for The Spencer New Leader. I have original copies of my articles written! The bottom line to this entry is for you to organize YOUR writings! It will be something your family will appreciate! ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment