Sunday, May 30, 2021

A SUNDAY OF RAIN & BASEBALL

Nearly 5 inches of rain have fallen and been measured in the past two days! This day, the second in a row, has tried the souls of men and women. Fortunately I have enjoyed watching the INDY 500 and baseball. The Red Sox game was postponed however Detroit defeated the Yankees in sunny Detroit. The weather in Indianapolis, Indiana, was also clear. I have an affection for Indiana as my college roommate, Bill Gross, hails from Indianapolis. In 1962 I enjoyed a Thanksgiving holiday at his folks home. Bill worked at the Motor Speedway before coming to St. Louis and had favor in allowing us to drive one lap each around the track in his father's Chevrolet Impala convertible. Also, I attended Indiana University for the Certified Auctioneers Institute for three April's for a week earning my CAI designation. Son Ben turned 49 today! The Memorial Day concert from DC wasn't with a crowd. Tomorrow will clear gradually.. finally. I forgot what a sunny day was! LOL. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment