Saturday, May 29, 2021

A SATURDAY IN THE RAIN

My plastic rain gague registeted two inches as I began this Saturday."Johnson" arrived at about 11 and agreed to "travel West" to check water levels including the Quabbin. The waterfall in Ware was impressive.It reminds me of Niagara Fall.!We thought there would be an outside chance for the Quabbin Reservoir going over the spillway. Not hardly. Dick drove over the many roads both to the Tower then onto Granby, South Hadly and Amherst. I suggested McDonalds for lunch.. a smart choice!We both had hamburgers, French Fries and sodas for the sum total of $7.90. Amazing. I had baseball on my mind when I returned. Both the Yankees and Red Sox were playing. Detroit defeated New York and the Red Sox defeated Miami.The Fenway crowd was large.. the biggest of the year. The Sox have won two in a row and hopefully will sweep tomorrow. Despite a rainy Saturday it was a good one! ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment