Tuesday, February 9, 2021

A SNOWY TUESDAY

This Tuesday lent itself to some diverson. After shopping for food the snow began and I chose not to watch any of the impeachment hearings. Instead I took Rod Bryar's autobiography and enjoyed hours of reminiscing all about my Australian mate's life. THE OUTER EDGE OF FAME recounts Rod's sophisticated life both in OZ and Europe.The 225 page book is profusely illustrated in every respect of his family from sister Carole to his parents. I visited Rod's family while on my R&R to Australia in October of 1967.I flew from Sydney to Melbourne and spent a few days of witnessing how Rod lived. We saw the Puffing Billy and other attractions. The book does carry two pictures of me both as a soldier and as a civilian.I re-connected with Rod when my boys and I visited Australia in 1990 then in 1997 Rod and Mattie came to West Brookfield!Today I did not watch TV. I highly recommend reading about Rod's life.Today's read was just what the doctor ordered given we got about 3 inches of snow. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment