Tuesday, August 11, 2020

WHY I MISS MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

I miss Major League baseball for what it gave to me in raising Ben & Josh! From the get-go I found trips to Fenway Park in Boston added a dimension to my being a good dad. It meant understanding the game and all that goes along with attending a game from autograph soliciting to roaming all around the Park. As my sons emerged into their teen years the passion in learning the ropes grew. From Fenway Park to games at Yankee Stadium began our quest. We saw Reggie Jackson and his Rolls Royce to a spilled beer and a fan lapping it up on the stairs. As the boys grew our fanaticism grew. It wasn't enough to attending one park.My auctioneer membership saw us attend conventions in Philadelphia, Atlanta, Houston and beyond. It seems wherever the Potvin family traveled our baseball love grew! The beauty of having friends gave me access to obtaining All-Star tikets to Cincinatti & Toronto. Tickets were available from Dr. Pappas for Series game in St. Louis & Toronto. It was a dream come true! In 1987 I pulled Ben & Josh from classes and flew to St. Louis! We attended three games and obtained autographs. This one vacation proved to be the highlight of our lives. We have been to 20 stadiums in all! Toronto proved to be fun in attending the 1991 All-Star Game and the 1993 World Series! But all of this has changed!Crowdless stadiums and carboard faces prevail.It's just not the same! Will things ever return to the way it was? ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment