Wednesday, August 5, 2020

THE STORM'S AFTERMATH

The mess left behind from the tropical storm was formidable. As I drove to town at 8:00AM Town employees were raking the lawn on the Common. Small loose branches were everywhere. SonJosh admitted to picking up branches at 6:00 AM! My yard wasn't too bad except for one section.
 
It was a partly sunny day. I didn't go far until late afternoon when I traveled to Birch Hill. Maddie needed a ride to basketball practice however the time was changed. I sat in the rocker taking in the surrounds. Large branches, too, were downed by winds that must have been 40 mph. Boston weathermen reported major power outages. To say the least it was one for the books... and it's only August 5th!
 
The image is of Mt. Washington!
 
Received and paid my National Grid light bill: $126.12. Considering the AC has been on 24/7 for the month I can take it! Other folks had higher bills I'm sure.
 
Food shopping tomorrow. Josh may come around to clean?
 
ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment