Wednesday, June 19, 2019

WYOMING

Twenty years ago I drove across the USA to Wyoming! I always was curious about Wyoming as JFK did a conservation visit one Fall. Now it was my turn to visit the land of buffalos and cowboys.

In my search for a new life I did a fact finding mission in July of 1999. Flying into Denver I traveled north to the least populated state in the Union. Arriving in Cheyenne I had discovered Mecca! I wanted more so I returned to Frontier Days later that month. I was in my glory...so much that I returned in late august and staked claim in Laramie!

Once settled and working in the U of W Washakie Food Cafeteria my ship had come in ( sale of a property) and I bought a Cheyenne Chevrolet truck in Cheyenne. I declared my independence and traveled I-80 from seeing Devils Tower to discovering Jackson Hole. I did a trip to Casper and witnessed the vast coal productions and mines.

Wyoming is rated #1 for natural vistas by truckers. The buffalo roam like you wouldn't believe it! There are clear skies 300 days of the year. The Legend of the West is personified with the name "Buffalo Bill" Cody.

If you are looking for some diversion and natural beauty, Wyoming is the place to visit. Frontier Days are coming up next month!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment