Wednesday, June 5, 2019

REMEMBERING DIANE ELIZABETH COOKE

Diane Cooke was my first love! Although much younger, Diane would have made me a good wife. She was an equestrian and rode a Morgan named Princess. Diane played the Grand piano.

Our activities included "feeding the horses" and riding them up Fullam Hill Road, NB. Our Puppy Love lasted two years until my leaving for Saint Louis, MO by Greyhound in 1962.

Dating Diane exposed me to a different life style. Frank & Marjorie Cooke were educated and enjoyed some of the finer things in life such as the Springfield-made Rolls Royce and other good things.  They lived in a Mansion at 100 Main Street, NB.

I thought of Diane as a Jackie Kennedy. Decades have gone by since my Little Camelot in North Brookfield existed. Memories of Diane persist today....her name was Diane!

Father Frank Cooke


No comments:

Post a Comment