Wednesday, June 12, 2019

STAMP COLLECTING FOR KIDS AGES 5-12

I have discovered postage stamps are a wonderful tool for learning. Both history and geography can come alive with the curious minds of these kids. My grandchildren Maddie and Evie proved this last night.

I took select stamps of the US from my stamp collection to illustrate the point. It was from the 1938 Presidential Series did I point out how George Washington was featured. I said to the girls GW is the Father of our Country.

It is a no brainer to log onto "Postage stamps Images" to see the colorful varieties. Truth of the matter is stamp collecting is an endangered species and if it is to survive, kids are our hope for the future! Hobbies are healthy!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

 
Rare sheet of #833  $2 Warren Harding Sheet.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment