Thursday, December 24, 2015

THE LONELY OLD

The happy busy bee... If you are bored grab life by the horns. At any age boredom and ennui can depress you. I know this because I've been there. or over two years I felt I was incarcerated at the Chelsea Soldiers' Home It was awful. Worse yet was being in Vietnam over the holiday season. I saw Sgt. Roy Williams break down an cry. But back to Chelsea, several hundreds old soldiers and young soldiers had but four wall to talk to as the song goes.

I was lucky; I had a private room. Boston was but a bus ride  down the hill. I did not know which way to turn. My sons visited me as if I was in jail. The institutional food... well you can be the judge. I was divorced, lonely and had no idea where my life was going. I would say "I have been through life's wringer" Know what? I haven't used that phrase in several years .And then a miracle.

My blood disease was debilitating. Dr. Tom Spitzer said 'there's nothing more I can do, Bob. My depression sapped my spirit. Dr. Dey became my friend. He hails from Bangladesh. We clicked and my blood counts began to head north. I was encouraged... so were my sons and mother, Rita. This was in 2003. In 2005 Joshua "kidnapped me." "You're going back to the Brookfields!! An amazing fete.

I stayed at the Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, West Brookfield.. then found a cabin location on Lake Lashaway.I had to readjust to the real world. I did by walking and talking.Paul Langevin gave me a deal I couldn't resist.. living in Bush's house in North Brookfield. I renewed friendships around the towns, and yes, in March of 2007 I began Blogging for Telegram.com. I liked the idea of "talking to the world" on a blog. Further, the price of gold began to head North.

I latched onto my star... my golden star. I began making money and my depression was history. My blood numbers did good and Dr. Dey said "You are going to live for decades, Bob!" How nice. The gold in my mouth began heading south. My crowns and bridges bit the dust. One by one I "said goodbye to Hollywood. Pisses me off.

Gold jewelry and silver dollars came in out of the rain.I was on easy street after a few years of struggle.Aetna,,,glad I metcha..gives me a small pension and Social Security gives me a special dignity s I reach 73.5 years. My life is good... false teeth and all. My secret to it all is 1. Keeping busy  2. Mentoring those who have interests in my interests..keeping my weight in check (191 lbs today) I have been as high s 216 lbs...thanks to MOVE & the VA I have learned to read labels.With false teeth it is a whole new learning experience.

Cars have been my nemesis the past few years. If it ain't one headache it is a deuce. New cars, old cars all cars are amazing. Simply stated I don't do cars anymore. For some it is an ego trip.. My good life... my new life is more important. It is my sincerest wish for you to make it through the Holidays...one day at  time. Thanks for reading my friends around the world.

Next week on January 1st. we have music from Vienna... on NPR.
 The Thunder and Lightening Polka!  Listen to music...forget the news..

No comments:

Post a Comment