Monday, December 28, 2015

SWIPE NOW... PAY LATER

Polonius had good advice for his son: "Always be aa little near.".. in other words save some money for rainy days. But that was in the olden days. Today, we swipe until we drop. This is not good. Personally, I was on a binge for December. It seems I was going wild with the "plastic." Swipe here.. swipe there.. I was a small town Big Shot.

Growing up I saved money. Then the 1980's hit with easy credit like the Roaring Twenties. Just look what happened in the Thirties. Soup lines! Today's currencies are all about electricity.... around the globe in nanoseconds. Amazing.

Cash remains King. Old Ted Giza coined the phrase with me. Then there was old Ralph Turner's wisdom: "The only money you'll ever have is what you spend." I ascribe to this theory in principal. I think the biggest thing about money is the self-discipline required in life. Man is weak and marketing of products and services is absurdly strong. That's why we have New Years Resolutions. I am included!

I feel I am on the right track. 1. AT&T 2. Verizon 3. Walmart 4. Shell 5. Staples 6. TJX 7. Capitol One..8. Charter .... Credit cards are stupid. They can be anathema. The interest charges are insane...+20% interest. All are PIF...paid in full.

My resolve is to carry cash.. anticipate things.. and hope for the best. Save some for a rainy day! LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment