Monday, December 21, 2015

FRIENDSHIP

Col John Glenn's space capsule's name was Friendship 7. There comes a time in our lives when all we can rely on with respect are our friends. Friendship in all of life includes long lost friends  Christmas is a special time in our lives when we may congregate at parties, etc. Small gifts are exchanged like a new white BMW. LOL. I enjoy giving gifts with meaning. Some folks go overboard I'm sorry to say.

Some folks feel guilty and overcompensate with Christmas presents. Absurd!

Today, I had a wonderful experience with Staples in Sturbridge. Ace Geek technician, Rolando transferred all my old files from my HP tower to my ne HP All-In-One. My man Roland gave me supreme attention making my day great. There's so much to my life as I reach toward my mid-seventies. I feel young at heart with younger friends who care for The Old Man.

Saw Timmy Nason at Walmart in Sturbridge. Timmy, too, is a Vietnam veteran and served as a medic. Timmy and I go way back living in Charlton at Stafford Heights apartments in 1969. Tim lives in "Wrinkle City" in NB and is a happy guy. I like Timmy.

I actually wrapped some Potvin presents today for Thursday's visit with Josh, Heidi and kids. No definite plans for Christmas Day. I am happy and content. Boys, did I have an "eye-opener" at Dickie Turnbull's liquor store. As I do not drink I was totally unaware at the cost of hard spirits. Amazing.$65 for some hard stuff...."Ten dollars a shot at a barroom. Alcohol is in the same league as tobacco. TAXATION!

I see lots of nips along the side of the road as I walk. I must be naïve in certain things in life. Tobacco and alcohol are very, very expensive. But what isn't expensive today? Free lunches?

And so it goes...Bob Potvin is on the remake as a senior blogger.




Tell your friends I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment