Tuesday, December 29, 2015

SNOW-BOUND IN MY OWN HAPPINESS

I was snow-bound in my own happiness as I faced this Tuesday. The roads were truly treacherous and my 4 new tires gave me the necessary confidence for blogging as usual. I  did and it paid off in red, white and blue. My bills are paid..my blogging office is taking shape and I am encouraged.

Last night I had trouble falling a sleep, again, so I grabbed my vintage copy of John Greenleaf Whittiers Snow-Bound. Each year on the first snow I do a retro back to the 1870s. It reminds me of the Wendemuth Farm on Bates Street. It is a memory I cherish. My dad rang their bells, too, thinking the way it was. Us present-day Yankees don't have a clue of how farming was. Today it's all about money I 'm afraid it's all about money.

But that's not my blog tonight. I painted Heritage red on my stairway landing.. three coats.. as I listened to my 33/13 vinyl records as I brushed. GEORGE M! is my favorite as it tells the story of George M. Cohan.It is a 40 year old musical of the highest order. Mr. Cohan owned Broadway and the Brookfields. "Over There" is over here in my Poodle. My little Emerson player is AM, FM, Cassette, CD and more. I own over 200 LP albums and will like them up and play them for my continues happiness. I know son Ben will like my renewal.

Son Josh closed on Central Street this morning. Poor Heidi couldn't get out to the new driveway. Maybe a yellow Hummer is in order. LOL.

We got 2 inches of slush. The roar of Fijol's plows sound like a military campaign of Deuce and a Halfs plowing. My Fair Lady is on right now. I enjoy show



tunes as I do Rock. Classical, the Bee Gees and Easy Listening bring me into La La land. I did quite a bit of YouTube today. Every where I turned happiness was right behind me.

Tomorrow AM I see the veteran's agent. The veterans have been good to me. Thanks.

The temperature is at freezing right now, the roads have been treated and the vehicular traffic goes by my Poodle like a bat out of hell! Is it 2016 yet. My 2 car garage is wonderful.

If you want some downright Yankee entertainment log onto Whittier's great work. 'The sun that brief December day rose cheerless over hills of grey............"

No comments:

Post a Comment