Wednesday, December 30, 2015

GIUSEPPE VERDI (1813 -1901)

If you don't have Giuseppe Verdi in your musical veins you ain't got music!.. or couth!  a  well-rounded individual at least knows the name Verdi. In this global society we must broaden our horizons in music and throw away the junk. Classical music can be wonderful IF you want to learn. I latched onto Beethoven at age 20; For more than 50 years I have developed somewhat of an ear for classics. You can say I'm hooked on classics... when the mood hits me. The older I get the better is my ear!

Verdi is wonderful. the "Grand March" from AIDA turns me on. Luciano  Pavarotti bellows out "La Donna e' mobile" from Rigoletto and so on. My 2016 Studio is fabulous. I am living like a king.... a GOOGLE king. You must shed your old habits as we ring in the new year. My mother would be 100 in 2016. Gram Rita almost made it to 92. God bless her soul.

The following is a listing of the greatest composers in the Classics: Bach..Beethoven..Mozart..Brahms..Tchaikovsky..Rachmaninoff..Chopin..Wagner..Vivaldi..Strauss..Grieg.. Debussy.. Handel. .Schubert and more.

Classical music is an acquired taste. New York City features The Met. I feature "cheap" CDs. Taoday I snatched a couple at the Salvation Army for a song. I am gearing up for music from Vienna on WFCR on New Years Day. Tune it in my friends...11::00 AM.. maybe Julie Andrews narrates it at night on PBS?! This is how I negotiated this murky Wed. Tomorrow, Boston.





No comments:

Post a Comment