Thursday, April 16, 2020

MY NEW BRAINTREE ALTERNATIVE

We didn't enjoy a campfire today on Birch Hill. Josh was tied up with business so I headed my Honda for beloved New Braintree! The greening pastures and budding trees in the afternoon sunshine gave me what I wanted: peace & quiet!

When I drive around New Braintree I allow my mind to wander back to 1959 when I was a delivery boy for LaBelle's Food Centre of North Brookfield. Each Saturday I would drive the 59 Chevrolet wagon to farm houses. Today I took in Mother Nature at her finest.

Cushman Road has a fantastic view looking West to the center of town. The Police Academy can be seen along with other landmarks including the Congregational Church.The other Wine Road was taken and the beauty of a tree farm made the trip special.

Speaking of trees, the Town of West Brookfield has been removing trees on Route 9, WB as if they were all diseased! Both sides of the highway are bare of what appears to be healthy trees of all sizes. What gives?

Nature abounds on this cold Spring Thursday. And now there's snow in the forecast! Enough!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment