Thursday, April 2, 2020

METEOROLOGY AS A HOBBY


I have been enthused about meteorology since I was a boy! My dad raved about the Hurricane of 1938 and the destruction done in the Brookfields. Bell Hill observatory estimated winds at 110 mph.

Today, advancing technologies have a plethora of weathermen  in Boston. I like Pete Bouchard! The Weather Channel's graphics are the best.

I am surrounded by weather instruments of yesteryear.. I even sold Downeaster instruments for a brief time in the early 90s! While living on Birch Hill I kept records of my observations as a weather historian and even called in reports to Evan Rubin in Springfield!

Meteorology is a lifelong interest. All of the information made available makes for good conversation!

If you want a new approach to obtaining weather info tune in The Weather Channel and don't play the volume! You'll be surprised of this new approach!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment