Friday, November 22, 2019

WHERE WERE YOU ON NOVEMBER 22, 1963?

Blood glucose 80              Weight 174lbs

I was a college junior walking between classes at St. Louis University about 12:45 PM. A student came running down Grand Boulevard yelling "Some nut just killed President Kennedy!" I confirmed this fact by going over to Lou's Tobacco Shop where a television was going. Then I went to my political science professor's office. Dr. Paul Steinbicker was seated at his desk. You knew something was wrong just by looking at his face.

At this moment all radio and television stations transformed their programming to subdued mourning music. The world began reacting to John Kennedy's murder. The whole weekend focused on his death. Little did we know this one act of cowardice by the assassin would affect the world as it has for 56 years.

All governments of the world memorialized JFK's memory with coins, stamps and a slew of collectibles. To this day the Kennedy spirit lives.

The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in Boston  is THE place to visit. I have been a past member and took some West Brookfield Elementary students several years ago along with attending postage stamp ceremonies.

I cherish my memories of President Kennedy's charm!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment