Thursday, November 7, 2019

FRENCH-CANADIAN FIDDLE MUSIC

Blood glucose 115                  Weight 175lbs

Thank God for YouTube! This dreary, dismal, Thursday came to my rescue in surfing YouTube looking for some inspiring topics.  Before switching to "Tube" I did enjoy an hour aboard The Queen Mary. This one giant of a ship carried millions across the "Pond" before and during  and after WWII.

I then watched Price Phillip at age 90. An interesting man...the husband of Queen Elizabeth!  My next query came in watching a clip on Quebec City. This too inspired me so I sought out "French-Canadian Fiddle Music!"

It seems Franco-American traditions of yesteryear are just that. I notice all of the obituaries in the Telegram. Many have a French last name. There was a time when French married French. Today the acculturation of Americans are truly a mixed breed. I happened to be a purebred frog! LOL.

Two generations ago families congregated on Sunday afternoons around a piano-playing grand mother and a grandfather who played a fiddle!

This afternoon I have watched French-Canadian fiddle music on YouTube!
Log onto "French-Canadian fiddle Music" for some different entertainment!

Veterans program at WBES tomorrow at 9:30AM. I plan on attending. Also, on Veterans Day the WB Senior Center has a breakfast - 9:00 - 11:00 AM.

Looking for a clear and colder weekend. Don't think snow will materialize other than FLAKES!


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment