Monday, November 11, 2019

PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY


Blood glucose 82      Weight 172lbs (Same weight as when I entered the U.S.Army in 1966!)

My peripheral  neuropathy begins in my feet. Numbness is my biggest complaint  along with shuffling and some pain and tingling but now I experience a sharp pain on my right lower back and leg. I get relief when I sit.

Today, I sat with Roland Langlois of Leicester, MA. He is the Disabled American Veterans - Quaboag Chapter agent. Roland encourages me to apply for additional benefit rating. Now I am at only 20% rating.

It is interesting to hear people's experiences such as "a liver transplant, hip and knee replacements" and more. Courageous veterans, indeed!

It seems with  my infirmities I may get a higher rating. Presently I get $385.41 per month. Diabetes is related to the rating.


The Veterans Day breakfast at the Senior Center was well attended. The breakfast was great.. especially the burned bacon and sausage. I recognized many veterans and their wives. It is hard to believe I have lived in WB since 1978 with my family.

Snow is in the forecast.. how nice!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN



No comments:

Post a Comment