Monday, January 18, 2021

THE M.L.KING HOLIDAY IN THE BROOKFIELDS

On October 12, 1964, the Rev. Martin Luther King came to Saint Louis University! Dr. King spoke at a convocation in the Walsh Gym. I was in the crowd and came within three feet of MLK when we were leaving! This event may be found on YouTube!

Things were quiet until Chase called at noon. He was ready for another trip in his Jeep. I agreed and we traveled to New Braintree, Hardwick, Petersham, Barre and beyond. As we were leaving Barre Chase exclaimed" There's a Ford Bronco" He got excited, turned around and took a picture with his camera. "I've got to tell my dad!" It may have been a 1966 model? Later in the day when I went over to Birch Hill for a camp fire I noticed the Wrangler was muddy. No sooner than getting seated Chase said "I went back to the Bronco with my dad!" I couldn't believe it! Now the three of us are students of  vintage Ford Broncos! I printed out a Wikipedia accounting of the vehicle which is highly collectible.

The campfire was windy, smoky and cold. I wasn't dressed for the occasion. Tomorrow I'll bundle up. Now we must go to Warren to wash the mud off of the Wrangler.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN


                                                   

                                                   My Cadillac Allante' which I miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment