Tuesday, January 5, 2021

REMEMBERING GEORGE H.W. BUSH

Blood glucose 106
The Potvin klan traveled to Kennebunkport, Maine, for the weekend where Josh bought me a Bush President t-shirt. I wore the t-shirt today and reminisced about my relationship with "Bushwacker" 41. I was credentialed by the White House to travel with Mr. Bush early in 1992. I had a close connection with the President who came to New Hampshire to speak at Yokun's. I took pictures and even spoke with the man! It was a hallmark in my freelance experiences. Bush was a likeable guy. Later I wrote Mr. Bush after he lost to Bill Clinton. We wrote back and forth! It was a highlight. I had read GHWB liked to get mail (as I do.) He answered my letters! Today I reviewed his presidency on You Tube. Later today I was at the Birch Hill campfire. I was underdressed. Eventually the fire was blazing as Chase and Evie played football pass. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment