Thursday, May 14, 2020

A SUNNY THURSDAY

This particular Thursday was, perhaps, the best day of the year! Temperatures  climbed into the sixties by noon. I enjoyed taking in sunshine, again, from my chair in the garage entry.  Realizing it was that nice of a day I did a reverse trip to New Braintree.

On my way through North Brookfield I got a car wash for $8.00.

Traveling through the country-side I appreciate seeing so many homes with freshly mowed grass. There's a great "pride of ownership" in many of the properties.

Coming back to West Brookfield by way of New Braintree I observed a great herd of Brown Swiss ? cattle grazing in the field.

Shortly after four I traveled to Birch Hill. Josh had just lit a fire. He had cut down a diseased cherry tree and began burning green branches. The moderate Southwest winds took hold and burning was good.

Grandchildren were in and out of my company. The girls had pitched a tent but took it down with hearing rain in the forecast. My visit was relaxing. Tonight it was Lester Holt news and game shows. Ken Jennings won a million dollars and a trophy on Jeopardy! Regular shows begin next week.

Friday is tomorrow. Let's home good things happen!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment