Wednesday, August 2, 2017

HISTORY AS A WAY OF LIVING

Since a boy I have delighted in learning my U.S. History! From collecting postage stamps of the world and old coins, history has come alive in my life.as I grew older my love of antiquity has grown. My one publication came in the early nineties "STARTING AN ANTIQUE BUSINESS." I think I sold 84 copies...LOL.


From working on Frank Cooke's Rolls Royce to building an Old Sturbridge Village reproduction I have loved learning about my past.



My Reproduction OSV





"S" Roll Top - Oak  Very Desirable







N B 1893



Connie Richardson was a great teacher of mine in old clocks. As I mentioned, "ADVENTURE MAN " carries many blogs about antiques from my pen.


In old age I delight in watching YOU TUBE. I don't care what I watch as long as it is "OLD." Of recent times I have found old Life and Look Magazines at West6 Brookfield's Book Bear. For two bucks a copy I revert back to the fifties and seventies. These mags are underpriced if you ask me.


Learn about periods of furniture like CHIPPENDALE, EMPIRE AND THE LIKES.


Visit antique shops. I enjoy visiting museums. LEARN! Certainly the internet can be teacher for free. Hopefully Professor Potvin helps.


Today was a tough day. Even little Chase said how "boring it was." Got two altered pair of trousers and dropped one off. Some folks prefer scratching! Gave Josh & Heidi some HONEY from Grimes Apiary.


Don't ask me about dentures!


Maybe Springfield tomorrow?


Great meal in North Brookfield; great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment