Thursday, August 3, 2017

A HUNDRED MILE TRIP TO WARE, AMHERST,NORTHAMPTON AND SPRINGFIELD

It started out as a foggy August morning. I wanted to get back into the swing of things and today was the day. In Ware I visited with Ronnie Bigda owner of TVA Electronics. Ronnie is the sage of television repair. His main street location is loaded with flat screen televisions for repair. Amazing, to say the least. Call Ronnie for all your electronic troubles  Ware 413-967-5431! We go back to the eighties. Ronnie is the Man.




Next stop was the Quabbin.. a drive thru. One beautiful place. I never get sick of the Quabbin.




Through Amherst my next stop was the Hadley Salvation Army Store... the best in the nation. Floors are polished and everything is in order. Within 30 seconds I came upon a framed map of the World. What a treasure. I offered it to Josh upon my return and he accepted the map for his office.




Then it was onto Northampton..My affection continues with the memory of "Silentnt Cal" after all these years. I visited the small statue of President Coolidge next to the Wiggins Tavern. I was early for a sit-down lunch. I then headed for Springfield where I had Burger King Onion Rings. Delicious.




I logged onto my Smart Phone for directions  to Army Buddy John B. O'Sullivan. I am proud of how I am learning how to use it for directions. Then onto WilbrahAm Both O'Sullivan and Tencza were not at home so now it was to Walmart in Ware. Son Ben had given me a Gift Card so now I filled up my carriage from Cape Cod Potato Chips to little peach pies for the kids. I bought all of the staples for another go-round.  Should last for a while.


I must comment on the epidemic of tattoos observed at Walmart. every part of the human body is "inked" forever and there's no turning back.


The Honda turned 220,000 miles and the AC makes my experience of the day fine.





No comments:

Post a Comment