Monday, August 28, 2017

A LATE AUGUST MONDAY

I got a lot done this Monday with a focus on Walmart-Ware. After reading the New York Times with a cup of decaf I went to Ware for some "Cheap Gas." Next stop was Walmart. My first assignment was replacing a black leather strap for a brown one. But first I peddled my exercise-mobile into a sweat. Boy, It takes discipline!


The watch lady was wonderful. A word of wisdom came in her comment" You an get a brand new watch for the price of a replacement battery! The Walmart watches glisten!


Next came a replacement Solar Digital Atomic Wall Clock. It took "Joey" at the Country Corner to get it ticking! I'll have Josh tweak it tomorrow.
Got some brass brads for my BLOGGER sign.


Lunch at the NM Senior Center was good. Sat with Sybil and Ginger as we chatted and enjoyed Macaroni & Cheese, etc. Good friends, nice ladies... then to the Dry Cleaners: 8 shirts for Friday. It pays to look sharp in my book.


Replacement BLOG plates sustains my desired image. The front plate went on like a breeze; the back one was impossible. Rusty.I spent over one half hour trying, but unsuccessful, to get it budge.I took a cotton swab and soaked it with motor oil..hopefully, over night.


Howards Cheeseburger, again. Saw friends Claire and Dick Taylor. They gave me the patriotic chair.


Now I tune into Toronto. The Red Sox better win!




No comments:

Post a Comment