Saturday, August 5, 2017

A SURPRISE VISIT BY RICHARD B. JOHNSON

On this gloomy Saturday morning a grey GMC truck pulled in my driveway. The man in a soft wrapped on my door. A smiling face I haven't seen since December said 'come on, "let's go to the tribe and make some money." I shook his hand and said "give me a hug." we were on our way down Route 169.


The rain was deplorable I mean some of the worse I've ever seen. Then, low and behold came a sign in Woodstock "Detour. Bridge out!" Wow. It was like the Forever Stamp..... miles and miles of a Detour.


Four "fools" were out playing in the rain. Amazing. First Mohegan Sun... then Foxwoods. "Johnson" got lucky. He netted out $400... a good day's winning to say the least.


All in all it was great to see my friend and brother. And yes Dick gave me some money. It was good to see my friend again.


We stopped in Brookfield at Apple Country Radio. No big deal!





Hummer .. Those were the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment