Thursday, September 2, 2021

ROUTE 9, COY BROOK, DETOUR, WEST BROOKFIELD, MA

I measured over 5 inches of rain overnight. The day started normal. I noticed the Coy Brook at Wine Village being swollen.After returning from North Brookfield the detour signs appeared.I couldn't drive from WB center to the Poodle. I had to drive up Route 67 to Wine Road, NB, to George Allen Road turning left onto Foster Hill Road onto Brookfield and Route 9. The traffic was heavy and dangerous.You could return to Route 9, Brookfield at Pillsbury Funeral Home and McCarthy Bus. The detour is formidable..+- 6 miles.To get to my house (Route 9 West) traffic was limited to local residents only. I don't know how long this detour will last???? Same thing If I want to do downton I have to reverse my mile trek. The Mass DOT yellow trucks and orange barrels are everywhere. How long is questionable. I must travel East to Spencer in the morning. I will do my banking in East Brookfield. Route 9 East is normal. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment