Sunday, September 5, 2021

A CAMPFIRE SERENADE WITH JOHN DENVER

As nice as yesterday's weather was.. today's wasn't! Sprinkles featured the day and I watched the Red Sox fall to the Indians. It seems the team just couldn't catch up.Josh had mentioned getting some LP albums at the Palmer Flea Market. I went into my closet and found 18 of my nascent collection. I then further chose the ones he would enjoy and I chose John Denver's BACK HOME AGAIN as my top choice. I drove the Honda to Birch hill as the weather was threatening. A fine mist began. He had a roaring fire going when I arrived. Soon after the music of Denver's singing began. He has a turntable connected to the speakers.Denver's music is reminiscent of the Seventies. It was great to hear about "Grandmother's Feather Bed" and other songs. I also liked hearing "Matthew." It was fun to reminisce and maybe we can hear hear some Johnny Cash MAN IN BLACK? We now have a diversion in entertainment as we sit by the fire! ROBERT LOUIIS POTVIN

1 comment: