Sunday, July 4, 2021

THE FOURTH OF JULY 2021

It was a different kind of Fourth. The laundry detail had more Casey Kasem. A man came up to my Honda and asked me what radio station I was listening to. I said it was a CD of a Long Distance Dedication recorded featuring Casey himself. The man.. age 50.. admitted to being a great fan of CK. The morning and afternoon continued to be cloudy and cold. Things changed as 4'oclock came around as the Red Sox game with Oakland was broadcast live from Oakland. It proved to be another exciting game with the Sox winning 1-0. They took two out of three. Before watching all 9 innings I drove the red car to Birch Hill where I saw Josh running. We met in his driveway where he reported on the success of last night's camp fire finale.The towering maple tree proved to be an umbrella to the crowd seating around fire. Tonight a Capital Fourth was watched for a while. Renee Flemming and Alan Jackson sang two favorites.Tomorrow I must go food shopping at Hannaford NB. My cubbard is bare! My Fourth was excellent! ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment