Monday, July 5, 2021

A HOLIDAY MONDAY IN JULY 2021

BLOOD GLUCOSE 100 I didn't realize today was a Holiday until I went to get my mail and the Post Office was closed! I went about the business of the day: FOOD! Even Hannaford was quiet. I returned home to read the NYT and there was an interesting feature on the new YOGI BERRA Forever stamp. It recounts the names of baseball players that have been featured in the past: The article inspired me to dig out my postage stamp album. I spent more than an hour reviewing the stamps I have from many countries in addition to United States issues. My favorite issue is the 1932 George Washington issue. I have all in mint condition! Postage stamp collecting began with me in 1954.I have many wonderful memories covering the many aspects of the hobby.Josh mowed the lawn with the spiffy riding mower. He and the family had a 3:00 o'clock birthday committment so I didn't see him in the afternoon. I did drive the Allante' around town. Tomorrow I plan on attending the memorial luncheon at the North Brookfield Senior Center for the late Diane Nichols, former director. SOX play late tonight. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment